Monday, November 15, 2010
- (try 1tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, and 1 cup cold water in a spray bottle. There are other varriants of vinegar, lemon juice, and basking soda wash recipies available on the net.)
- Spray the leafy veg with your vegetable wash.
- leave for 3-5 min
- rinse off or soak (if carrots or potatoes, they take a while)
- let drain in a colander for 1-2 min.
- When the cleaning agent has been washed off, place your leaves in a salad spinner and spin.
- This is crucial for good salad, the veg will absorb the excess water that doesnt drip off and will be soggy if you dont spin it.
- Line a container with a paper towel (use PET plastic or PET density varriants, glass or BPA free plastic please, unless you want plastic toxins and chemicals seeping into your food)
- Keep chilled in your refridgerator's crisper (the bottom pull out bin).
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
This blog was initially intended to be on observing cultures, cliques, and hallyu. However it has not lived up to this purpose, but rather has ended up being a 'dump' for the recent cooking odds and ends i have picked up.
The bottom line is this, i collect hobbies, and skills. Aside from this i have many interests, so this will now be my web haunt dump for all of this. There isnt really a following of any sort here - its just a semi dilapidated and unvisited dank corner of the net-verse, so i have the liberty to do what i want without anyone expecting anything from it.
In the event that a soul does brave these parts, i have streamlined the labels. So just pick a topic of interest at the side and read on. Or you can read it chrnologically and trace a hobby ebb to another's flow. Do what you like, i will.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
So i was looking around and i found ...
Everquest MAC edition! i cant wait to play it. Sem break just started, and in good time too - i was under so much stress i was ready to give up on uni all together. And i was thinking of trying out a private EQ server but then i saw this. The monthly rate is $13/mo thats about P500 for me so not too bad - if they will accept my card.
It has a separate server, and its only up to planes of power - but there is so much content now that i would be too confused if i played it straight up. There is so much i want to explore, and so much i want to do on eq. I have good memories of EQ, but i also know i used to be pretty bad at playing. And there was so much i havent explored yet. I am very hopeful right now. So my tune my change after a while, but i'm very excited.
So thats what i wanted to post. Everquest. For Mac. heart.
The bolognese sauce was the winner in this batch. Its easier to make pasta in large batches and just freeze the extra for the rest of the month. I added a tea spoon of herbs de provence to it and it was amazing! I got my herbs de provence from Healthy Options in Shang ri-la mall. Its a bit pricey since its organic but i think its worth it, P550 (about $12) for a bottle that lasted me a year. The also have pre-ground black pepper, its in an orange bottle and its very good too! its only P220 (about $5-6) but organic produce makes so much of a difference in flavor and health benefits.
I packed in a lot more treats than i usually do since i wanted to try a couple of new products. The meat i used is ground beef from SM super market, whil i was cooking flys were attracted to food near the meat but not the meat itself. This was not something i liked, since it probably means that the meat is GMO or genetically modified. GM foods have been linked to organ failures and a whole other pleathora of health issues so suffice to say i wont be getting ground beef from SM anymore. Dont get me wrong, they have some good products and are afford-ably priced. But affordable now, can be a long term stay in the hospital much later on in life.
Plain rice, Soy rice and strawberry rice with carrots and ham. a strawberry and soy and mayo containers.
cauliflower, snow peas, carrots
a piece of candy