Monday, November 15, 2010
- (try 1tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, and 1 cup cold water in a spray bottle. There are other varriants of vinegar, lemon juice, and basking soda wash recipies available on the net.)
- Spray the leafy veg with your vegetable wash.
- leave for 3-5 min
- rinse off or soak (if carrots or potatoes, they take a while)
- let drain in a colander for 1-2 min.
- When the cleaning agent has been washed off, place your leaves in a salad spinner and spin.
- This is crucial for good salad, the veg will absorb the excess water that doesnt drip off and will be soggy if you dont spin it.
- Line a container with a paper towel (use PET plastic or PET density varriants, glass or BPA free plastic please, unless you want plastic toxins and chemicals seeping into your food)
- Keep chilled in your refridgerator's crisper (the bottom pull out bin).
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
This blog was initially intended to be on observing cultures, cliques, and hallyu. However it has not lived up to this purpose, but rather has ended up being a 'dump' for the recent cooking odds and ends i have picked up.
The bottom line is this, i collect hobbies, and skills. Aside from this i have many interests, so this will now be my web haunt dump for all of this. There isnt really a following of any sort here - its just a semi dilapidated and unvisited dank corner of the net-verse, so i have the liberty to do what i want without anyone expecting anything from it.
In the event that a soul does brave these parts, i have streamlined the labels. So just pick a topic of interest at the side and read on. Or you can read it chrnologically and trace a hobby ebb to another's flow. Do what you like, i will.